Nandita Verma Featured in April 29 Webinar Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
On April 29, 2021, 2:00-3:30 pm (ET), the Office of Policy Development and Research at the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) will host a free webinar, “Services in HUD-Assisted Housing,” including services offered through HUD’s Family Self-Sufficiency (FSS) and Resident Opportunities and Self-Sufficiency (ROSS) programs. MDRC’s Nandita Verma will be a featured panelist.
Shifting away from a sole focus on obtaining self-sufficiency, this event will look at how HUD programs can help families continue to have access to affordable housing and grow savings so that they can weather crises, reverse wealth-building inequities, improve housing choices, and meet career and family goals, such as sending children to college. The discussion will move beyond looking at immediate employment impacts, identifying other valuable outcomes such as improvements in mental and physical health.
- Todd Richardson, General Deputy Assistant Secretary for Policy Development and Research
Update on U.S. Housing Market Conditions
- Kevin Kane, Chief Housing Market Analyst, Economic Market Analysis Division
Discussion: Services in HUD-Assisted Housing
- Peggy Bailey, Senior Advisor on Rental Assistance in HUD’s Office of the Secretary, Panel Moderator
- Mary Howard, Chief Resident Services Officer, Chicago Housing Authority
- Jeff Lubell, Principal Associate and Director of Housing and Community Initiatives, Abt Associates
- Markita Morris-Louis, Chief Strategy Officer, Compass Working Capital
- Akirah Pressley, Program Ambassador, Clarifi
- Nandita Verma, Senior Associate, MDRC
Registration for the webinar is free.