As a demonstration of our commitment to open science and research replicability, MDRC makes available public use data files and restricted use data files from its evaluations for other researchers to access. These files are housed at the Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research; the National Center for Education Evaluation, Institute of Education Sciences, U.S. Department of Education; and the National Center for Health Statistics, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research (ICPSR)
ICPSR hosts more than 30 datasets from MDRC studies spanning multiple areas of policy, including workforce development, criminal justice, families and children, postsecondary education, and K-12 education. These datasets stem from a range of projects, including analyses of academic programs for middle school students, parole-based interventions, and welfare-to-work strategies.
To access data files: MDRC Series (umich.edu)
Two additional files are available at the Child & Family Data Archive, maintained separately by ICPSR:
- Head Start CARES Demonstration: National Evaluation of Three Approaches to Improving Preschoolers' Social and Emotional Competence, 2009-2015
- Evaluation of Child Care Subsidy Strategies: Illinois Site Public Use Files, 2005-2006
National Center for Education Evaluation (NCEE), Institute of Education Sciences (IES), U.S. Department of Education
- The Evaluation of Enhanced Academic Instruction in After-School Programs: Final Report
- Lessons in Evaluation of the Content Literacy Continuum: Report on Program Impacts, Program Fidelity, and Contrast (NCEE 2013-4001)
- Middle School Mathematics Professional Development Impact Study: Findings After the First Year of Implementation (NCEE 2010-4010)
- Reading First Impact Study (NCEE 2009-4039)
National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), U.S. Department of Health and Human Services